The Michigan Department of Education Office of Special Education (MDE OSE) has released the following guidance documents (November 2020):
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) Development: Supplementary Aids and Services provides an overview of the relevant federal and state regulations as well as appropriate documentation and implementation of supplementary aids and services.
- Guidance for Determining the Need for and Amount of Compensatory Education provides an overview of the purpose and factors for determination of compensatory education as a result of a finding from a state complaint, due process hearing, or monitoring activity as well as model forms.
- The Resolution Meeting provides a further explanation of the requirements of a resolution session meeting when a due process complaint is requested against a school district.
- Deviations, Waivers, and ISD Plans Webinar (Webinar Recording; Presentation Materials)
- Participation in MI-Access: Projected Participation Rate 2021 – Instructions for Completing the Projected Participation Rate in Catamaran (Webinar Recording; Presentation Materials)
- IDEA Discipline Requirements (PDF)
- Shortened School Day (PDF)
- Special Education Reevaluation Process (PDF)
- Determining a Change in Placement
- Responding to and Counting Disciplinary Removals
- Eligibility and Social Maladjustment Clarification
- Conducting a Manifestation Determination Review