This training resources is intended for ISDs and will explain how to verify correction of Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) for B-11 (Child Find) and/or B-12 (Early Childhood Transition).
Catamaran will notify ISDs when it is time to verify evidence of correction. The system will email you when the district has requested CAP closeout and changed the status to Verification and Closeout Request Submitted. At that time, the verification activity will also appear on the ISD task list.
- Log in to Catamaran
- On your Tasks Overview, you will see any CAPs that have been submitted to you for verification. CAPs ready to be verified will be at the status Verification & Closeout Request Submitted.
Note: For this example, we will walk through a B-12 CAP
- Click on the B-12 CAP link in the Activity column.
- From the CAP Menu page, select the CAP Verification link
- Review the CAP activities as written in the district’s CAP and the information included in the Request for Verification and Closeout page.
- Verify that all CAP activities have been completed. Document evidence used to confirm that each CAP activities was completed on the CAP Verification Activity page in the CAP Activity Verification section.
Note: Remember, districts are required to list all CAP activities and what evidence will be available to confirm that it was completed. Refer back to the CAP and comment on each activity.
- Download and read the Data Report.
- If new data is not available, or available but not compliant, complete the student record review steps below.
- If the new data is complaint, save the verification activity and change the status to Closeout Request Submitted to MDE.
Note: If a new data report is not yet available, there will be a note on the CAP Verification page, and you must complete the student record review steps if you want to proceed with the closeout.
- Complete student record reviews if:
- New local data was not available through new data submissions
- The local data available was noncompliant
- The Data Report was not yet available
- Physically pull up to 8 student records from the district. These student records are not prepopulated in Catamaran.
Note: If the district is small (and there are not 8 student records to review), then pull as many records as are available.
- Review these records for documentation of compliance and complete the fields. The fields include:
- Verification date
- Student name
- Record compliant?
- Specific non-compliance (if needed)
- Date corrected (if needed)
Upload Supporting Documents and Add Verification Notes
- Upload supporting documents to show evidence of compliant student records No documentation is required to be uploaded but you may upload documents by clicking the Browse You may upload multiple documents.
- Enter any additional notes as needed to document the verification process. These notes are optional.
- If all records are compliant, save the verification activity and change the status to Closeout Request Submitted to MDE.
- If noncompliance persists, the CAP cannot be closed. Continue to work with the district until the noncompliance has been fully addressed.
Note: If any records in a B-11 or B-12 CAP are noncompliant the local can retrain or provide targeted training to staff. Following the training, the ISD must return to the district to verify correction by pulling additional records that have been completed after completion of the additional training.
What if the MDE Returns the Verification Activity to the ISD?
If the MDE has questions about the verification activity, they may return the CAP to the ISD and ISDs will be notified via email. The activity will show on your task overview and the status will be Closeout Request Returned to the ISDM/TA.
Notes from the MDE will be documented on the CAP Cover Page. Review their comments, and address any concerns. The ISD will then need to review and verify student records again to re-submit the CAP to MDE. The status will then be Closeout Request Resubmitted to MDE.