This resource is intended to outline the main steps, associated status names, and responsible parties for each action within the Complaint Corrective Action Plan (CAP) and Student Level Corrective Action Plan (SLCAP) activities. This may also be used to compare the steps and status names for clarity as needed.
- In Progress: This status shows immediately after the SLCAP is issued. The district gets a notification to go begin work on this SLCAP. Then, the district completes it and submits it to the ISD.
- a. Modifications Required: After review at the ISD level, the ISD may return the SLCAP to the district for additional work.
- Submitted to ISD: The district has completed all its work (has implemented the plan of correction) and submitted it to the ISD to begin the verification of correction process.
- a. Resubmitted to ISD: The ISD may return the SLCAP to the district if they do not believe that the SLCAP issue has been addressed.
- Closeout Submitted to MDE: The ISD submits the SLCAP to the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) for closeout once they believe the district has sufficiently addressed the issue.
- Verified and Closed: MDE has reviewed the district’s work and the ISD’s verification and will close out the SLCAP.
- Needs to be Completed: This status shows immediately after the CAP is issued to the district. The district gets a notification to begin work on the CAP. Then, the district completes the CAP and submits it to MDE for approval.
- Submitted to MDE: MDE will review the plan and confirm that this is an appropriate approach to address the issue.
- Returned for Modifications: MDE may return the CAP to the district for additional work.
- Approved – PR Required: MDE has approved the CAP and now it is the district’s responsibility to begin work on the CAP. The district must also submit a Progress Report (PR) by a specified due date.
- Returned for Modifications: MDE may return the PR to the district for additional work.
- PR Submitted: The district has submitted their Progress Report to the MDE for review. MDE will review their progress and move them forward in the process if appropriate.
- PR Resubmitted: If MDE reviews the PR and deems that the district has not made sufficient progress or documented it correctly, they can send the PR back to the district.
- Implement CAP: District will continue to implement the CAP and do the work (much like the status Approved-PR Required)
- Verification and Closeout Request Submitted: The district believes they have completed their work and submits this verification and closeout request to the ISD. The ISD will then take the first pass at approving the activities and associated documentation to address the issue.
- Closeout Request Submitted to MDE: The ISD will submit this closeout to the MDE when they have completed their review and decided that the district’s work has appropriately addressed the issue.
- Resubmitted for Closeout: If the ISD or MDE decides that additional work needs to be completed before closeout, either party can return the CAP to the district for additional work.
- Verified and Closed by MDE: The MDE has completed the verification and closeout request and closed the CAP.