Percent of children with parental consent to evaluate, who were evaluated, and whose eligibility was determined within 30 school days or an agreed-upon extension.
B-11 Data Information
What is B-11?
Where can I find my data?
When were the data collected?
Findings of noncompliance are based on data from SY 2020-2021 (collected between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021).
Information on how B-11 was used in Determinations can be found on the Determinations resource page of this technical assistance website.
What is the target?
- Probe Questions for SPP Indicator B-11
- MI School Data Special Education Public Reporting – Select the indicator on the right and click Update Report
- Guidance for Timeline for Initial Evaluations: Guidance to address when a request for an evaluation is verbally made, the district must support the parent in documenting this request. Failure to acknowledge a verbal request could result in a violation of a district’s child find obligation to identify, locate and evaluate students who require special education and related services under 34 CFR §300.111. (March 2022)
- MDE OSE Family Matters Fact Sheet: Child Find
- Michigan Student Database System (MSDS) Collection Details Manual
- Child Find: Guidance specific to child find requirements under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and the Michigan Administrative Rules for Special Education (MARSE).
- APR Definition: Percent of children who were evaluated within 60 days of receiving parental consent for initial evaluation or, if the State establishes a timeframe within which the evaluation must be conducted, within that timeframe (in Michigan, 30 school days). (20 U.S.C. 1416(a)(3)(B))
- Calculation: [(b) divided by (a)] times 100
- Calculation Notes:
a. # of children for whom parental consent to evaluate was received
b. # of children whose evaluations were completed within 60 days (or State established timeline – 30 school days)Account for children included in a but not included in b. Indicate the range of days beyond the timeline when the evaluation was completed and any reasons for the delays.