This guide is intended for district directors and explains how to complete the District Justification Form activity in Catamaran. This guide is also for ISD Directors operating a Center-Based Program. The Justification Forms activity allows member districts to demonstrate a thorough review of alternate assessment participation rates and detail a plan for when participation rates exceed 1%.
- Log into Catamaran.
- Locate the District Justification Form activity on the Tasks Overview. Click on the District Justification Form 2019-20 Activity.
- From the activity menu, click on the District Justification Form This will take you to the Data Table portion of the District Justification Form.
- Input the alternate assessment data into the data table and click Complete Data Table. If any of the Spring 2019 Participation Rate data is 1.1 or higher, an additional 7-8 pages will need to be completed. If all Spring 2019 Participation Rate data is at or below 1.0, the District Justification Form is complete.
- The District Justification Form is made up of seven total pages, with one additional page for districts reporting disproportionality in any subject. Complete each page and all required questions.
- Click Submit to ISD. The ISD Director will review the work and either accept the submission or return it for modifications. District Directors will receive a notification when it is accepted. Districts Directors will also receive a notification if the work has been returned for modifications – comments will be included in this case.
- When all member district data is accepted, the ISD Director will complete and submit the ISD Summary Justification Form to MDE.