This guide is intended for Catamaran Coordinators and explains how to complete the District Justification Form activity in Catamaran. This guide is also for ISDs operating a Center-Based Program. The Justification Forms activity allows member districts to demonstrate a thorough review of alternate assessment participation rates as found in the alternate assessment data report and detail a plan for when participation rates exceed 1%.
- Log into Catamaran.
- Locate the District Justification Form activity on the Tasks Overview. Select the District Justification Form 2021-22 Activity.
- From the activity menu, select the District Justification Form link. This will take you to the Data Table portion of the District Justification Form.
- Review the alternate assessment data in the data table and choose Acknowledge Data. If any of the Spring 2021 Participation Rate data is 1.1 or higher, an additional 7-8 pages will need to be completed. If all Spring 2021 Participation Rate data is at or below 1.0, the District Justification Form is complete.
- The District Justification Form is made up of seven total pages, with one additional page for districts reporting disproportionality in any subject. Complete each page and all required questions.
- Choose Submit to ISD. The ISD will review the work and either accept the submission or return it for modifications. Catamaran Coordinators will receive a notification when it is accepted. Catamaran Coordinators will also receive a notification if the work has been returned for modifications – comments will be included in this case.
- When all member district data is accepted, the ISD will complete and submit the ISD Summary Justification Form to MDE.