This guide is intended for ISD Directors and Monitors and explains how to complete the ISD Summary Justification Form activity in Catamaran. The Summary Justification Forms activity allows ISDs a thorough review of member districts’ alternate assessment participation rates as found in the alternate assessment data report and plans for when participation rates exceed 1%. This activity also provides an ISD a Member District Review Tool, which helps monitor all member district statuses and completion of the district justification form.
- Log into Catamaran.
- Locate the Summary Justification Form activity on the Tasks Overview. Select the ISD Summary Justification Form 2021-22 Activity.
In addition to the data available within the activity, MDE has also provided ISDs additional district data to assist ISDs in completing this activity. ISDs can review the alternate assessment data submitted by its member districts. To access this data,
- Select Reports from the dropdown menu underneath the ISD user’s name on the Dashboard.
- Next, select the 2021 Alternate Assessment Rate Report for ESSA 1% Participation Cap link available under the Policy header.
- Then, download the report, by selecting the 2021 Alternate Assessment Rate Report link located under the Alternate Assessment Rate Report header.
- ISD Directors and Monitors can review district justification forms as they are submitted. From the menu, open the Member District Review Tool.
- Monitor the status of member district submissions. ISD Directors and Monitors can use this tool to ensure all member district work is completed in a timely fashion.
- When member district data is ready for review, choose Review Submission. To view a submission that has already been accepted, choose View.
- To accept a member district submission, select Accept District Form. To return a member district submission for modifications, write comments in the box provided (required), and choose Return for Modifications.
- From the activity menu, select ISD Summary Justification Form.
- The ISD Summary Justification Form is made up of 3 pages. Complete each page.
- When the ISD Summary Justification Form is complete, submit to the MDE.