This guide is intended for district and intermediate school district (ISD) users who interact with Due Process Complaint Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) and explains how to complete a Due Process Complaint CAP in Catamaran. The Due Process Complaint CAP activity is intended for those districts and ISDs that are the subject of a due process complaint where an administrative law judge has issued a final decision and order containing corrective action. The activity will allow the district or ISD to develop the corrective action within Catamaran and to provide evidence of correction within the timeline of the final decision and order.
- Log into Catamaran.
- Locate the Due Process Complaint Corrective Action Plan (CAP) activity by selecting See Open Activities on the Policy tile and viewing the Policy Tasks Overview.
- From the activity menu, select the Due Process CAP Form This will redirect the user to the Due Process CAP which details the orders from the Michigan Office of Administrative Hearings and Rules (MOAHR) with due dates.
- In the Corrective Action Plan box, describe the action the district will complete for each corrective action ordered. Select the Submit CAP to MDE button to submit the plan to MDE for review.
- When the Due Process CAP Form is approved by MDE, the district or ISD will be notified through email to begin implementing.
- After completing the Corrective Action Plan activities, return to the Due Process CAP Form and upload document(s) as supporting evidence for each corrective action ordered.
- When the Due Process Complaint CAP is ready for verification and closeout and all supporting evidence has been uploaded, select Submit to MDE for Closeout on the Due Process CAP Form.
- Once the Due Process Complaint CAP has been verified and closed by MDE, a notification will be sent through email and the Due Process CAP Closure Letter will become available on the activity menu.