This guide is intended for districts and ISDs and explains how to complete a Due Process Complaint Corrective Action Plan in Catamaran. The Due Process Complaint Corrective Action Plan activity is intended for those districts and ISDs that are the subject of a due process complaint where an administrative law judge has issued a final decision and order containing corrective action. The activity will allow the district or ISD to develop the corrective action within Catamaran and to provide evidence of correction within the timeline of the final decision and order.
- Log in to Catamaran.
- Locate the Due Process Complaint Corrective Action Plan (CAP) activity by clicking on the Policy tile and viewing the Policy Tasks Overview.
- From the activity menu, click on the Due Process CAP Form link. This will take you to the form detailing the orders from the Michigan Office of Administrative Hearings and Rules (MOAHR) with due dates.
- Detail the corrective action plan for each order. Click Submit CAP to MDE to submit the plan to MDE for review.
- If the Due Process CAP Form is approved by the MDE, the district or ISD will be notified to begin implementing.
- When available, upload document(s) as supporting evidence for each corrective action ordered.
- When the Due Process Complaint CAP is ready for verification and closeout and all supporting evidence has been provided, click Submit to MDE for Closeout on the Due Process CAP Form.
- Once the Due Process Complaint CAP has been verified and closed by the MDE, a notification will be sent and the Due Process CAP Closure Letter link will become available on the activity menu.