Rates of suspensions and expulsions of students with an IEP.
B-4A Data Information
What is B-4A?
Where can I find my data?
When were the data collected?
The 2021 Strand Report includes data from SY 2018-2019 (data collected between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019).
What is the target?
- Using the Report of District Data for B-4
- Indicator Overview 4A & 4B
- MI School Data Special Education Public Reporting — For detailed information about B-4A, click on the indicator name.
- IDEA Regulations Related to Suspension/Expulsion — Scroll down to the Discipline Procedures section.
- IDEA Discipline Requirements
- Procedural Safeguards Notice
- APR Definition: Percent of districts that have a significant discrepancy in the rates of suspensions and expulsions of greater than 10 days in a school year for children with IEPs. (20 U.S.C. 1416(a)(3)(A); 1412(a)(22))
- Calculation: [(# of districts that have a significant discrepancy in the rates of suspensions and expulsions for greater than 10 days in a school year of children with IEPs) divided by the (# of districts in the State)] times 100
- Calculation Notes: A district was identified as having a significant discrepancy in rates of suspensions and expulsions if five percent or more of its students with IEPs received out-of school suspensions or expulsions for greater than 10 days cumulatively during the school year. Districts with fewer than five students with IEPs suspended or expelled for more than ten days were exempt from significant discrepancy calculations.