This how-to is intended for districts and ISDs and will explain how to access and view due process complaints through Catamaran.
Note: Due process complaints will continue to be managed by the Michigan Office of Administrative Hearings and Rules (MOAHR). MOAHR will correspond directly with parties involved in a due process complaint. Districts and ISDs can use Catamaran to view documents related to a due process complaint and, in the case of parent-filed complaints, submit required resolution session information to MDE. The district’s Catamaran Coordinator and ISD will receive a notification via email if a due process complaint has been filed against the district.
- Log into Catamaran.
- From the Catamaran home page, click on the Policy tile to view the Policy Tasks Overview. The Policy tab at the top of the screen can also be clicked.
- If the due process complaint can’t be seen, use the Submitted/Tasks filter or Type filter to narrow the results.
- Click on the Complaint-DP link in the Activity column (e.g. DP-Complaint-19-XXXX) to access the complaint.
- Once the activity menu has been accessed, click on Complaint Information to Resident District.
- On this page, the Due Process Complaint File can be downloaded. The letters from MDE and case updates from MOAHR can also be viewed.
- Use the Resources box on the activity menu for more information about due process complaints, including resources mentioned in the Introduction Letter.
- If a respondent in a due process complaint filed by a parent, Districts/ISDs must submit a Resolution Session Summary form to MDE. (This form is not required if the due process complaint is filed by a district or an ISD.)
- Access the Resolution Session Summary form from the activity menu.
- Complete the Resolution Session Summary form and click Submit to MDE.
- MOAHR will continue to coordinate with parties until the due process complaint is resolved.
- If corrective action is required, MDE will contact the district/ISD directly.