This resource is intended to outline the Procedure Review activity for districts, a new activity as of September 2018. Procedure Reviews will happen virtually and may still result in a Corrective Action Plan (CAP), similar to other on-site monitoring activities.
- Log in to Catamaran
- Find the Procedure Review activity on your Tasks Overview on the front page.
- Click on the Activity link to access.
Review Monitoring Documents
- From the Procedure Review Menu, click on the Monitoring Documents link to review the contents of the Notification Letter from the Office of Special Education (OSE).
- From the Procedure Review Menu, click on the District Upload page
- On the District Upload page, use the Browse button to upload written procedures. You may upload as many documents as necessary by using the Browse button again.
- Written document that may provide the who, what, and when of an activity
- For identification, the procedure may be a narrative document that describes what happens when a request for special education evaluation is received. It may be a flow chart that provides timelines for what if situations.
- For discipline, it may be a description the steps used when determining a change of placement. It may be a step by step list of whom to contact when a student with an IEP is being suspended.
- If no written procedures are available to upload, click the Not Available checkbox at the bottom of the page.
- Once this page is complete, click the Save & Submit button to submit the procedures for OSE review.
MDE will review the uploaded procedures. If non-compliance is found, the finding(s) will be issued in the next major Catamaran release. The Corrective Action process for Procedure Reviews will be the same as the Focused Monitoring Corrective Action process.