This training resources is intended for ISDs and will explain how to verify correction of Part C Corrective Action Plans (CAPs).
Catamaran will notify ISDs when it is time to verify evidence of correction. The system will email you when the service area has requested CAP closeout and changed the status to Verification and Closeout Request Submitted. At that time, the verification activity will also appear on the ISD task list.
- Log in to Catamaran
- On your Tasks Overview, you will see any CAPs that have been submitted to you for verification. CAPs ready to be verified will be at the status Verification & Closeout Request Submitted.
- Click on the C-1 CAP link in the Activity column.
- From the CAP Menu page, select the CAP Verification link
- Download and read the CAP Verification Activity Memo and Data available on the CAP Verification Activity page.
Fast Track CAPs
- If a Fast Track CAP was completed,
- Mark the verification of CAP activities as not applicable (N/A)
- If a regular CAP was completed,
- Complete the verification of the CAP activities page
Upload Supporting Documents to verify CAP Activities
- Upload any supporting documentation for the verification of the CAP activities. To do this, click the Browse You may upload multiple documents.
- Enter any additional notes as needed to document the verification process. These notes are optional.
- After completing the instructions for a Fast Track or Regular CAP, save the verification activity and choose the Submit Verification button at the top of the activity page to submit it to MDE.
What if the MDE Returns the Verification Activity to the ISD?
If the MDE has questions about the verification activity, they may return the CAP to the ISD and ISDs will be notified via email. The activity will show on your Tasks Overview and the status will be Closeout Request Returned to ISD.
Notes from the MDE will be documented on the CAP Cover Page. Review their comments and address any concerns. The ISD will then need to review, make any necessary corrections, and re-submit the CAP to MDE. The status will then be Closeout Request Resubmitted to MDE.