This how-to document is intended for ISDs will explain how to access Student Level Corrective Action Plans (SLCAPs) and to verify correction of each individual case of noncompliance (Prong 1).
- Log into Catamaran.
- SLCAPs ready to be verified may be accessed in one of the two following ways:
- On the Dashboard, scroll down to the ISD Monitor’s Tasks Overview section. Use filters, as needed to narrow tasks, and select the link in the Activity column to open the SLCAP.
- On the Dashboard, select the Search link in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Using the search function, select Monitoring. Filter the search results by selecting SLCAPs/CLCAPs. Next, search for the specific SLCAP.
- From the SLCAP Menu page, select Student Level Corrective Action Plan.
Verify the district has corrected each individual case of noncompliance – Prong 1.
- Review all citations issued and corrective actions required in the SLCAP.
- Review any district comments
- Verify evidence of correction.
- If a citation is compliant:
- Confirm the district entered a date in the District Correction field.
- Next insert the date of the ISD’s review in the ISD Review field.
- The ISD may upload supporting documentation using the Browse button above the comment boxes to show evidence of correction of the student record. Multiple documents may be uploaded, if necessary.
- Next, choose either the Save or Closeout Submitted button at the top of the screen.
- The Closeout Submitted button will submit the SLCAP to MDE.
- If a citation is noncompliant:
- Record any notes about noncompliance or further directions to the district in the ISD SLCAP Comment box.
- Select the SLCAP Returned button at the top of the screen to return the SLCAP to the district.
What If the Student Left and SLCAP Cannot Be Corrected?
The district should:
- Indicate the date the student left the district in the District Correction field,
- Provide an explanation such as, “Student is no longer enrolled in the district” in the District SLCAP Comments box, and then
- Select the Save & Resubmit button.
The ISD should:
- Verify that the student is no longer enrolled at the district,
- Insert the date of the ISD’s review in the ISD Review field,
- Provide a comment in the ISD SLCAP Comments box, if needed
- Select the Closeout Request Submitted to MDE button.
- During MDE review, the reviewers will verify the SLCAP has been fully corrected and is ready for final review and closeout.
- If MDE review determines that modifications are still required, then MDE will return the SLCAP to the district for additional work. A member of the Monitoring and Technical Assistance Team may contact the ISD to discuss the item of noncompliance.
- When the district corrects the SLCAP upon recommendation from MDE’s review, the district will resubmit the SLCAP to the ISD for verification of correction.
- The ISD will continue to be involved in the review process until MDE’s review considers the issues fully addressed and verifies and closes the SLCAP.